Egg Donation Procedure:
Surrogacy is nothing less than a medical boon for those couples who are facing problems due to infertility but keen of having their own baby. As an ART (Assisted Reproductive Technique), surrogacy is now a globally accepted reproductive procedure. The success of surrogacy treatment mostly depends upon the egg donor or surrogate mother therefore; couples should make judicious decision before going in for donor sperm, egg or embryos of the donor.
A third party donor is a person who donates sperm, eggs/embryo to his/her known friends, family or acquaintances. The most common reason of using donated sperm, eggs or embryos is due to the following factors-
- The couples are not able to have children by using their own sperm, egg/embryo due to infertility or some physical or psychological reasons.
- There exists some recognized genetic disorders in the family and the couple would not like to get them by passing them through natural reproductive process.
- Why egg donors/oocyte donors are needed for Surrogacy and IVF?
Egg donor is an essential part of Assisted Reproduction as per about 50% of women suffer from infertility due to decreased or absent ovarian reserve. Some of the women may have a specific genetic conditions such as cystic fibrosis/fragile x syndrome because of which they can’t have their genetically related babies.
- Where do we get egg donors from?
Majority of the egg donors at Surrogacy Ukraine are from Ukraine, however we also have Egg donors from USA/UK and South Africa.
- Do you provide egg donors or do I have contact a third party egg donation agency?
At Surrogacy Ukraine,we have a strong database of Caucasian,Thai and African American egg donors.
- Is egg donation reasonable? What is the cost for an egg donor?
Yes, egg donation is affordable but fees for egg donors vary based on several factors.
- How do I go about IVF with egg donation?
The woman undertaking this kind of a treatment undergoes what is known as a Down regulated cycle and this is to match the patient’s cycle with the donor cycle.
- How do I go about Surrogacy with egg donation?
The method is similar to the IVF process with egg donation. The only difference is that the embryo is transferred into a surrogate mother in its place.
- What is the medical course involved in egg donation?
COH (Controlled Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation) to cause super ovulation, for more information write to one of our doctors at email@example.com
- What tests are done on egg donors?
The tests include:
Fertility testing by hormonal analyses and ultrasound,
- Genetic and chromosomal testing
- STD testing
- Routine and advanced pathology
- Psychological screening and testing
- microbiology/pathology/bio chemistry
- What are the success rates with egg donation?
Success rates vary from cycle to cycle based on the number and quality of embryos transferred, cumulative (3 cycles) pregnancy rates in IVF are 83% and surrogacy 99%
- How can I be an egg donor?
You have to send your profile and you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much do I get paid to be an egg donor?
The fees existing are confidential and may vary depending on your profile. You can write to us at email@example.com to know about the payments.
Requirements for Donor Selection
- Age must be between 21 to 30 years
- Should not have genetic/chromosomal/infectious history
- Counseling and Informed consent is mandatory